- Professional career
Horst Hölderl is one of the two founding partners of Hölderl & Marset and is the Director of the Firm’s Legal Department.
His professional practice focuses on a wide range of aspects of Commercial Law in which he is specialized, including corporate, bankruptcy law, contracting law and securities. His experience extends to the issuance of legal opinions, including for other law firms, and litigation in Commercial and Civil Law matters.
He is a legal advisor of many companies and the Secretary of the Board of many others.
He used to be a Partner of the law firm Candela, Porcel & Hölderl Abogados where he was the Director of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Department, , from 2005 to 2011. He has also participated in many bankruptcy judicial proceedings of companies, sometimes as a bankruptcy lawyer and, some other times, in defense of the creditors.
He is frequently appointed as a Bankruptcy Trustee in many judicial bankruptcy proceedings by the Courts of Commercial Matters nº1, nº2, and nº3 of Valencia, and is an expert in (i) civil and commercial contracting (ii) family business and (iii) corporate law.
He is a member of the Spanish Association of Judicial Experts and Arbitral Mediators.
He also gives legal advice in relation to the fields of Civil Law, Economic Crimes and Labor Law.
He is a professor at the Department of Civil Law of the University of Valencia – Faculty of Law since 2007.
Professor of the course “University Expert in Bankruptcy Law”, organized by the Catholic University of Valencia, (2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015).
He is a professor of the “Master’s Degree in Mediation, Arbitration and Conflict Management” in Private Law.
He has been a professor of corporate law and bankruptcy law at the Center for Financial Studies (CEF).
- DEGREE IN LAW, UNIVERSITY OFVALENCIA, 2000.
- RESEARCH CERTIFICATE, RECOGNIZED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA, 2002.
- AWARD IN UNIVERSITY LEGAL STUDIES “MANUEL BROSETA PONT”, 2002.
- GRADUATED IN ADVANCED COMMERCIAL LAW STUDIES IN THE UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA 2003, WITH THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE MARK ACHIEVED.
- DOCTORATE IN COMMERCIAL LAW, IN THE DEPARTMENT OF DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCIAL LAW “MANUEL BROSETA PONT”, AT THE UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA.
- MASTER IN BANKRUPTCY MANAGING AND BUSINESS VIABILITY, 2011.
Languages: English and Valencian.
- INTRODUCTION TO BANKRUPTCY LAW, TIRANT LO BLANCH, VALENCIA, 2010, PP. 180
- AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE DEBTOR AND THE CREDITORS IN THE BANKRUPTCY ACT, TIRANT LO BLANCH, VALENCIA, 2005, PP. 422
- “DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE LEGAL REGIME OF THE HOUSING LEASE AND THE COMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENT LEASE”, ON THE WEBSITE NOTICIAS JURÍDICAS, MAY 2.009, PÁGS. 16, ACCESSIBLE IN WWW.NOTICIAS.JURIDICAS.COM
- “THE ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE BANKRUPTCY TRUSTEE AFTER THE JUDICIAL APPROVAL OF THE DEBTOR-CREDITORS’ AGREEMENT (COMMENT ABOUT THE RESOLUTION N ° 141/2007, OF SECTION 9 OF THE PROVINCIAL COURT OF VALENCIA, OF JULY 25, 2007)”, IN THE YEARBOOK OF BANKRUPTCY LAW, ARANZADI, Nº14, 2008, PP. 389-412.
- “THE NULLITY OF THE CLAUSES OF TERMINATION DUE TO MODIFICATIONS IN THE SHAREHOLDERSHIP AND IN THE COMPOSITION OF THE BODY OF ADMINISTRATION OF THE COMPANY REGARDING LICENSE CONTRACTS AND THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF APPROVAL OF SUCH CLAUSES BY THE ADMINISTRATION BODY”, IN THE WEBSITE LEGAL NEWS, JANUARY 2.005, P. 12
- “ADMINISTRATORS, INSOLVENCY AND THE BURDEN OF PROOF (COMMENT TO THE RESOLUTION OF THE HIGH COURT, 1st, OF FEBRUARY 2, 2004)”, IN THE LEGAL MAGAZINE OF THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY, TIRANT LO BLANCH, Nº 12, OCTOBER, 2004, PP. 139-154.
- “THE CRIMES OF INJURIES AND FALSE ACCUSATIONS DEALING WITH THE CRIMINAL LEGAL PROTECTION OF THE RIGHT OF HONOR”, IN THE WEBSITE LEGAL NEWS, JUNE, 2.004, PAGES. 1-34
- “THE CONSENT OF THE PATIENT ACCORDING TO THE PATIENT AUTONOMY ACT 41/2002”, IN THE WEBSITE NOTICIAS JURÍDICAS, FEBRERO, 2.004, PÁGS. 1-12.
- “THE PURPOSE, NATURE, SUBJECTIVE SCOPE AND PRESCRIPTION OF THE SPECIAL ACTION OF CIVIL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ADMINISTRATORS OF COMPANIES FOR FAILURE TO PROMOTE THE DISSOLUTION OF THE COMPANY”, IN THE WEBSITE LEGAL NEWS, OCTOBER, 2.003, PAGES 1-22.
- ESSAY ON THE BOOK “THE LANGUAGE OF LAW”, OF THE JUDGE OF THE PUBLIC AFFAIR SECTION OF THE SUPREME COURT, MR. ANGEL MARTÍN DEL BURGO Y MARCHÁN, PUBLISHED IN THE GENERAL MAGAZINE OF LAW, YEAR LVI, NO. 672, SEPTEMBER, 2,000.
- “COMMENT ON THE JUDGMENTS OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT 148/99 AND 149/99, BOTH OF AUGUST 4”, IN THE MAGAZINE OF AUTONOMOUS STUDIES OF THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY, NUMBER 31, SECOND QUARTER OF 2000, IN THE SECTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, PP. 145 A 156.
Bar Association of Valencia
He is a member of the following Sections of the Bar Association of Valencia:
- INDUSTRIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SECTION
- SECTION OF MARITIME LAW
- SECTION OF BANKING LAW
- SECTION OF SPECIALIST LAWYERS IN INSURANCE LAW AND CIVIL RESPONSIBILITY
- SECTION OF VALENCIAN LAW
- SECTION OF BANKRUPTCY LAW.